Jivamukti yoga is a path to purification, self-knowledge, improvement not only of one’s body, but above all of consciousness and mind. It is a practice built mainly on the performance of vinyasas. The process of performing the entire complex of vinyasas is a kind of beautiful dance, unhurried and very thoughtful. Naturally, the class is built not only on the execution of body movements, practitioners also practice chanting mantras, reading sacred texts, meditation and listening to music.
The teachings of jivamukti yoga are based on 5 basic principles:
1. Sacred texts. The sources of knowledge for adepts of Jivamukti are Sanskrit books, which describe the postulates of yoga. The main sources include the Yoga Sutras, the Bhagavad Gita, the Upanishads.
2. Bhakti. In translation, “”bhakti”” means devotion. For followers of jivamukti yoga, worship of God is the key, but it should be without negative thoughts or actions towards representatives of other religions. To create a special atmosphere of worship, yoga adepts use chants, decorated altars, as well as repeated repetition of the divine name (japa).
3. Ahimsa. Following this rule implies a complete rejection of violence against people, animals, plants, nature.
4. Nada yoga. For training, Jivamukti Yoga followers use special music to help them get into a special state of mind.
5. Meditation. Meditation is the basis of yoga, without which it is impossible to achieve the main goal of connecting with the divine essence.
Get to know the beautiful world of Jivamukti Yoga on our course.
Duration – 300 hours.
There are no reviews yet.